Top 8 Tips to get back on track after the Festive Season
One of the most popular new year’s resolutions for many of us is achieving our health and fitness goals. Another year has gone by and many of us have overindulged a bit too much over the festive season, however, what matters most is what we eat between now and the next festive season.
I am here to share with you some tips and tricks to help overcome the festive binge and get you back on track and feeling fab!
1. Commit to moving your body. You do not have to beat yourself up in the gym every day.
Mix it up with some gentle exercise like walking outdoors, swimming etc Our bodies require
gentle exercises to destress and decrease cortisol (stress).
2. Plan your meals. Decide on what you are going to eat for the day – have a game plan. When
we have meals planned and prepped, we are less likely to grab convenience foods that are
not so healthy. Remember, you can not out train a bad diet!
3. Stay hydrated with water – water helps flush out toxins from the body and it is the key to
maximizing weight loss. Most people are walking around dehydrated. Drinking 2-3 litres per
of water per day is a great start!
4. Get into a routine, grab a mate or hire a coach that will help keep you accountable to your
health goals. We often have the best intention to stick with our resolutions, however, life
gets in the way at times. There is nothing wrong with you for not sticking to it. We are all
human. Coaches hire coaches too. It is a fantastic way to keep focused and committed to
achieving your goals.
5. Do not skip meals. You may think you are doing yourself a favour by doing so, however this
leads into overeating or binge eating later in the day or night. Just get back on track with
your next meal. We do not need to punish ourselves by skipping meals.
6. Eat more veg. Try adding veggies to every meal. If you can’t eat veggies for breakfast, try
mixing them into a smoothie to get them in. Veggies are full of fibre, keeping you full for
hours and you will be much less likely to binge eat/overeat throughout the day as your body
is getting all the vitamins it needs.
7. Keep a journal. By writing in a journal, it keeps us mindful of the daily choices we are
making. Sometimes we may graze and pick at foods throughout the day and we do not
realize the impact it is having on our waistline.
8. Drinking Heal thy Soda health beverage will assist in curbing your appetite and assist in
weight loss. We recommend consuming two a day or when you feel those cravings creeping
up. Our apple cider vinegar fruit infused drinks tastes amazing leaving you and your tummy
There are so many more tips I could list, however this is a great kickstart! Give these a try and be
sure to tag us on your journey.
Written for Heal Thy Soda by - The Plant-Based Coach @theplantbasedcoach